Summary of Key leadership positions and areas of interest
New Alaska Senate Majority Leadership
Senate President – Senator Charlie Huggins
Senate Majority – Senator John Coghill
Rules Chair – Senator Lesil McGuire
Finance Co-Chair – Senator Kevin Meyer
Finance Co-Chair – Senator Pete Kelly
Top Three Areas of Interest
- Increasing oil production in Alaska and, in turn, the flow rate of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline.
- Delivering affordable energy to Alaskans to their energy needs, as well as commercializing our vast supply of natural gas and exporting it to create a new economy in Alaska.
- Develop sustainable capital and operating budgets for current and future generations
Other Areas of Interest
- Declining Alaskan salmon stocks
- Graduation rates, job training, and voc tech opportunities
- Alaska’s role as the gateway of the Arctic